http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Saturday 26 April 2014

FMP: Heather & Moss

Colour has been very important within my project, with the palette being drawn directly from the landscape of Cannock Chase. One of the colour ways which I have been exploring is a soft muted palette of heather greys and moss greens with flashes of fresher spring greens and yellows. The inspiration for this has come from open expanses of windswept heather, lichen growing on ancient trees and the new buds of Spring.


With this inspiration in mind I have recently been working on some handpainted wallpaper designs, 0.75 x 2m, below you can see two full designs as well as some close-ups of the detail and texture. I've really enjoyed working on this large scale and seeing my ideas form into a bespoke product for the interiors market.



As the end of the project gets closer I'm giving more thought to how my final outcomes will look as products in the home. Today I've been visualising some of my wallpaper designs in interiors settings, such as the one below. The original image for this visualisation came from the John Lewis Croft Collection, which reflects the relaxed, comfortable mood that I aim to evoke through my work.


On Monday I will be back to my usual routine of tutorials in university after a three week break. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on my designs as well as seeing how my friends projects have progressed, it's always exciting to rifle through someone else's sketchbook and hear their new ideas!

(All images are my own unless otherwise stated.)