http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Monday 13 July 2015

In The Studio: Painting Apron


A few weeks ago we moved house and I now have the space for a small studio at home. During all the packing, rearranging, and organising of odds and ends, I have been enjoying seeing my art materials in a new light. My painting apron came from Muji a few years ago (it is similar to this one) and over time the absent minded wiping of paintbrushes and occasional spillages have built up layers of abstract colour and texture. It is a visual record of the projects I have worked on and I do love noticing the interesting marks and unusual colour combinations accidentally occurring as I paint.


As well as moving I also started a new job last month and have been busy redesigning this blog - I would love to know what you think! As you might have noticed there are some new sections still under construction, including a shop which I hope to have open by the end of July, but I will update you on that again very soon...