http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Saturday 10 May 2014

FMP: Sketchbook

Keeping a sketchbook to visually record my thoughts and ideas has always been an important part of any project for me, and as I always enjoy browsing through other peoples sketchbooks, I thought I would share a few pages of my own for you to look at:



I put together this double page in my sketchbook right at the start of the project to establish a colour palette for my collection. Naming colours is a really fun task and you can see my ideas and what I eventually settled on in the picture above.


Whilst developing my palette I kept referring back to my own photos of Cannock Chase to pull out key colours from the landscape.




One of the things which I have really enjoyed during this project is styling mini compositions and mood boards from a mixture of materials to give a visual summary of the project.


This page shows my idea development for the "Heather & Moss" mini collection which I talked about in a previous post.

I hope you've enjoyed having a little look through my sketchbook! I'll be posting again soon about the range of cushions which I have been designing and printing in the last couple of weeks.