http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Monday 7 July 2014

Colour Inspiration: Yellow

Colour is really important to me, I love finding and composing palettes of complimentary tones and using these to inspire my painting and design work. Often this colour inspiration comes from the natural world around me and recently I've been finding myself drawn to a particular palette, inspired by wild flower meadows and new growth. Fresh bright yellows and spring greens pop out of a backdrop of cool dove grey, teal and slate to create a subtly optimistic mood for Spring and early Summer.

Top Left, Bottom Left, Right.
Top Left, Bottom Left, Right.

Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right.
Top Left, Bottom Left, Right.

I have pulled together these images to represent the palette from Pinterest, which is an amazing tool for gathering inspiration and creating mood boards. I hope to have some new paintings to share with you soon and I am sure you will be seeing these colours filtering through, in the meantime I would love to hear what colours are inspiring you at the moment?