http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Misty Morning

I love the transitions of the the seasons and always get so excited when I feel the air and light begin to change. At the moment, the days are still hot, Summer is clinging on. But at night it is cold and a big yellow harvest moon hangs low in the sky. The early mornings feel crisp and fresh, promising Autumnal days ahead.
 
The other morning I woke up early and went for a walk across the fields near my house where the sky was hazy and bright with early morning mists. I love the way the light just catches the harvested fields, turning the stubble golden while the horizon seems monochrome. It was so quiet and peaceful, just me and the birds...


And this hot air balloon drifting above it all. I can't help but wonder about what the view was like up there, what a misty morning looks like from above. I imagine a patchwork of fields, houses and gardens, broken up by hedgerows and trees, and maybe little me wandering around with my camera.

The views were amazing, layer upon layer of trees gradually fading into the bright white misty sky...



As I walked back home (for tea and toast!) the mist was already beginning to lift and the day was getting hot, by lunchtime I probably could have been convinced that I'd dreamt up such an Autumnal walk in the early morning!


I can't wait for Autumn to really set in so I can wrap up in layers of knitwear, trample through the crunchy leaves, collecting conkers then back home for homemade soup and crusty bread, I do love Autumn!
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness