http://lucyannabeljones.bigcartel.com/

Monday 20 April 2015

Dulux Let's Colour Awards 2015

Recently, I found out that my degree collection "Panoramic Details" has been nominated for a Dulux Let's Colour Award! The awards are the ultimate celebration of colour, in all its shapes and forms across a range of industries and it is really inspiring and gratifying to be a part of it.

 "In every aspect of our lives, from the homes we live in to the clothes we wear, we’re surrounded by inventive, original and imaginative use of colour. Now in its third year, these awards are designed to recognise and praise the talent which make the world a brighter place through colour."

There are 8 categories in this years Let's Colour Awards including Colour Moment of The Year which will be decided by a public vote and Young Designer, the category in which I have been nominated. A prestigious panel of judges from the design world has been judging the awards and I feel a little star struck that they have been considering my work in such depth! See the judges here and watch the video below for an insight into the judging day.



Next week I will be going down to London for the awards ceremony. Last years event looked amazing, as you can see in the video above, and with such an impressive list of nominees and judges I'm sure I will come away feeling inspired. Wish me luck!!!

Further Reading:
See the full list of nominees and judges including my nomination
Read my interview in Dulux Let's Colour magazine
Watch videos from previous awards
Listen to Louise Tod and Katie Treggiden talk about the Young Designer nominees
Interesting article on colour from judge, Katie Treggiden of Confessions of a Design Geek
Colour moment of the year nominations from judge Karen Haller
The Independent celebrates the power of colour in Britain
See my colour inspiration on Pinterest